How to Transfer Domain to New Host? | Have you found a better deal for domain registration? If yes, now its time for you transfer your domain to a new provider. Sometimes, the price of the domain not same for each provider. Some of them very cheap and some of them double price.
Today, I will show you how to transfer the domain to the new provider step by step. To transfer a domain, all process is same but their method maybe different. So, you no need to worry about it. If in this tutorial are not same as your method, just follow the process because the process is all the same. I summarize the flow of domain transfer.
- Request EPP code from origin provider
- Insert EPP Code during you register with new provider
- Wait for the confirmation link via email and confirm it.
- Wait for full transfer process
Now, we go to details.
Transfer a Domain
Before we start, make sure you have full filled this terms.
– The domain name to be transferred should be in “ok” or “active” status
– The owner of the domain should have access to the domain’s administrative email address.
– The owner of the domain name should have access to the domain’s EPP/Authorization code.
– The domain name must be at least 60-days old.
– The domain name should have more than 15 days before expiration.
– The domain name must unlock ID protection service.
If you are not sure about this, simply contact your provider to check it.
You must get EPP code from your origin provider. Usually, you can get directly from your account or you can contact them to ask EPP code. Do not worry. They will not ask you any question why you request EPP code.
FastComet as my provider.When you get EPP code, register your same domain from a new provider. In this tutorial, I will use
Login to your FastComet account. Go to menu Domains >>> Transfer
Insert your domain and click Check Availability button.
Then, you will go to the new page. Here, you must put EPP code in the provided column.
Click on Update Cart button, and you will go to payment page.
Wait for confirmation link via email. Read it carefully and follow their instruction.
Next, you will be given an option either to Approve or decline. Just click approve if you want to continue the transfer process.
Make sure you receive a successful message.
You have done all process. Now your domain successfully transfers to the new host. But, you must wait 5-7 days to it fully transfer.
In this tutorial, you have learned how to transfer your domain from old provider to new provider. Just follow these instructions for transfer properly.
If you like this article, then please FOLLOW our Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Facebook. Do not forget to check our services page to upgrade your WordPress. If you find this post has an issue with copyright, outdated, or in error, please contact us to fix it.